What is the purpose of this functionality?
The Management Dashboard Reports are widely used to provide visibility to information and relevant results for the company's areas. However, these reports often contain sensitive and restricted information that cannot be accessed by all users who access the Management Unit.
From now on, it will be possible to restrict access to reports for specific users of the Management Unit, preventing some people from viewing and editing this sensitive data.
Module that the functionality encompasses
In Sight Management / Reports
Sharing a Report with Specific Users
To use this functionality, the user must have editing permission in the source Management Unit of the Report.
Access the report sharing by clicking on the icon
From now on, we will have four sharing options:
- Public Report: all users from all management units will be able to access the Report;
- All Users: all users with access permission to the management unit will be able to access the Report;
- Responsible: only the Manager responsible for the management unit will be able to access the Report;
- Specific Users: only selected users will be able to access the Report.
After selecting the "Specific Users" sharing type, access the "Specific Users with Access" tab to define who will be able to access the Report.
Simply search and select the users from the Management Unit who will have access.
On this screen, it is also possible to define the level of access that each user will have.
It is important to note that it is not possible to give more permissions on the Report than what is defined in the user's profile. That is, if a person has permission to view the Report's source MU, it is not possible to give editing permission on the Report. On the other hand, if the person has editing permission on the MU, it is possible to restrict them from editing the Report.
By selecting this sharing configuration and adding the users, only these users, the responsible for the MU, and the administrators/super users will have access to the report.
- The responsible for the MU, administrators, and super users will always be able to access the Scorecard;
- In the target Management Units of the Scorecard, the permission will always be for viewing.