- Modules covered by the functionality
- What is the functionality for
- Creating a report from a Template
- How to create a Template
- Iframe component rules
- Template Sharing
Modules covered by the functionality
In Sight Management
What is the functionality for
When creating reports, it's common to encounter patterns in presenting information repeated across different sectors of the company. In order to enhance the creation of new reports, we've introduced a new functionality, Report Templates. This tool aims to establish standardization in reports across all areas, significantly simplifying the creation process.
Creating a report from a Template
Creating a report from a template is a straightforward process. When adding a new report, pay attention to the "Template" field that will be visible. If you select the default option, which is "Blank," the report will be created empty as usual. However, if you wish to use an available template, just click the selection box and choose the desired template to begin creating the report.
How to create a Template
To create a template, the user needs Administrator or Super User permission in the system. This way, when accessing the Edit mode of a report, you will observe the option to “Create template” from a specific report.
Upon activating this new button, a new template will be generated. This copy of the original report will function independently. Once the template is created, there will be an identifier next to the title indicating it as a template.
With the creation of the Template, configuring its entire structure in the same way as a report is made much simpler. Some key points to consider are:
- Templates can cover all components of a standard report, such as Images, Tables, Charts, Cards, Content, and others. These elements will be replicated identically from the template to the report.
- Templates will be categorized in the same list that currently displays reports. An exclusive tab for templates will be created, accessible only by Administrators and Super Users for viewing and editing.
- Any modifications made to a template will not affect reports created previously based on it. Only new reports will reflect the changes made in the templates.
- Changes made to a report originated from a template are independent, meaning they will not be reflected in the original template.
- If the Template contains a Content component, only the latest version of this content, dated at the creation of the new report, will be replicated in the report derived from the template.
These features ensure flexibility and independence between templates and reports generated from them, allowing complete customization without affecting previous versions or the template itself.
Iframe component rules
Iframe components offer a swift way to navigate between screens internal or external to the system. To enhance this functionality, a specific rule has been introduced to provide relevant information for each Management Unit associated with the report.
Stratws KPIs (Corporate Performance)
When a template contains an iframe with a Stratws Beacon link, the resulting report will adhere to these guidelines:
- It will display the Beacon corresponding to the report's Management Unit.
- The presented Management Plan will be the same as the user logged into the system at the report's creation.
- It will open in the preferred Beacon view; if none exists, it will display the Management Unit's Indicator view.
- The KPIs will be displayed in the Monthly view (m-1), focusing on the previous month's information from the current time.
Stratws Scorecard (Corporate Performance)
If the template contains an iframe with a Stratws Scorecard link, the resulting report will follow these rules:
- It will open the favorite Map of the report's Management Unit; if there is no favorite, it will load the first Scorecard from the list.
- The Map will be displayed in the Monthly view (m-1), showing information from the previous month.
- The Management Plan will be the same as the one the user logged into the system during the report's creation.
Stratws Results Program (Individual Performance)
When the template contains an iframe with a Stratws Results Program link, the resulting report will adhere to these guidelines:
- It will open the same Results Program from the template with the corresponding Management Unit's panel.
- The loaded view will be identical to that copied to the template. For example, if the copied link was from the Results Program's Beacon, the report will display the Beacon in the originating Management Unit.
- If it was from the Results Program's Table, the display will be in table format. If there is no panel created for the report's Management Unit, no panel will be loaded.
Stratws Agenda (Meeting Management)
When the template contains an iframe with a Stratws Agenda link, the resulting report will follow these guidelines:
- It will present the last meeting of the report's Management Unit, provided it has the same meeting type described in the template.
- If there is no meeting of the same type in the report's Management Unit, it will open the main page of the Meetings module.
- If the last meeting in the report's Management Unit is confidential, the penultimate meeting will be displayed.
Templates can be shared publicly or specifically to certain Management Units, following the standard applied to reports.