- Module of this feature
- What is this feature for?
- Adding a Performance Evaluation Cycle
- Setting eligible users
- Evaluation Cycle Phases
Module of this feature
What is this feature for?
An Evaluation Cycle determines the period in which the Performance Evaluation will be carried out and which forms will be considered to evaluate the users. The forms are the Evaluation Matrices, which have the Questions and Answers that will be used in the Performance Evaluation (to find out more, click here).
It is possible to link more than one form to the Cycle and apply rules that define which user profiles each form should be considered at the time of the Evaluation.
In the Cycle we also define the type of Evaluation to be carried out: whether it will be with Self-Assessment; whether it will be for users who exercise leadership positions or not; whether it will have a Nine-box report; etc.
Thus, we can say that it is in the Evaluation Cycle that we determine the characteristics of a Performance Evaluation!
Adding a Performance Evaluation Cycle
To add or edit an Evaluation Cycle, it is necessary to have the profile of Administrator or Super-user.
Access the Settings> Management Plans screen. Locate the desired Management Plan and click on it to display the details and click on the Performance Evaluation Cycles tab.
Click the Add link to enter the information:
- Form: this field will only be displayed if you are editing an old cycle. In this field, the linked Evaluation Matrix is displayed;
- Start and End: period of validity of the cycle;
- Results Program: one of the Results Programs registered in the same management plan as the Evaluation Cycle can be selected. The linked Results Program will be used to generate the Nine-box Report;
- Self assessment: determines whether the cycle will allow evaluated users to carry out Self-assessment;
- Due date: deadline for self-assessment;
- Allow comment on each evaluated criteria: it enables the display of the Facts and Data field in the groups of evaluation questions;
- Allow comments between the evaluator and the evaluatee throughout the evaluation: enables the Comments section for the Performance Evaluation;
- Leader's Evaluation: determines whether the Assessment will only be for users who hold a management position;
- Nine-Box Evaluation: enables the Nine-box report, where the result of this report is a combination of the Evaluation Notes and the Results Program. After saving the Cycle, it is possible to define the characteristics of the nine-box matrix through the Set up Nine-box button.
In the right footer of the screen, we have the following actions available:
After Saving the Evaluation Cycle, the option Set eligible users will become available.
When entering the information and saving the cycle, edit it.
To choose the forms that will be used in this Cycle and the rules that define the users who will be eligible for each form, click Set eligible users.
Setting eligible users
The definition of eligible users allows multiple forms of assessments to be registered in the same Cycle, where each form will be assigned to users based on the criteria defined here.
For example, it is possible to register a form for employees who hold a leadership position and another form for other employees. It is also possible to define a different form for each Management Unit or each Position, if applicable.
This functionality brings flexibility to the registration of Evaluation Cycles.
To define the forms and their criteria, access the Set eligible users option.
Click Add Form and the following information will be displayed:
- Form: select the desired Evaluation Matrix;
- Search Field: it is possible to search by Management Units, Positions or Users to define as eligible or not eligible for the form in question;
- Eligible: this section will display the parameters of users who will be eligible for Performance Evaluation in the selected form;
- Ineligible: this section will display the parameters of users who will not be eligible for Performance Evaluation in the selected form;
To configure Management Units, Positions or Users eligible or not for a form, you must click on the search field. At this time, all records related to Management Units, Positions and Users will be displayed, in addition to the options of Check all and Deselect all.
Right at the bottom of the page, we have the following options:
- All employees: enables the form for all company employees;
- Employees with leading positions: enables the form only for employees who exercise leading positions;
- Set selected as: Eligible and Ineligible options.
When entering a text in the search field, only the records that match the search term will be displayed.
When locating and selecting the desired records that should use this form, then click Set selected as Eligible.
If you have any records that will not be eligible for this form, select them from the list and click Set selected as Ineligible.
After defining the forms and their respective criteria, when the Evaluation Cycle is sent to the "In Review" phase, then it will be possible to perform the Performance Evaluation based on the forms that have been registered here.
Keep in mind that the form will be considered for users who meet the criteria defined as "Eligible".
Likewise, the form will be disregarded for users who relate to the criteria defined as "Ineligible".
- If no criteria are added for forms linked to the Cycle, all users will be considered as "Ineligible";
- There is no limitation for registering forms in a Cycle;
- Each user will be evaluated by a single form;
- If a user is included in more than one form, the form in which he fits the most important criterion will be considered, as follows (number 1 being the most important and number 5 being the least important):
- Collaborator (added directly to the form);
- Employees with leading positions;
- Management Units;
- All employees.
- If multiple criteria are defined for a form, only users who fit all of these defined criteria will be considered.
Evaluation Cycle Phases
Only after saving the cycle will it be possible to view its phase. There are three phases available:
- In Preparation: initial phase, where it allows the editing of all fields of the cycle;
- In Review: phase where it allows the Evaluations to be carried out;
- Completed: when the cycle is finished.
In order for this cycle to be available for the Assessments to be carried out, it is necessary that it is in the "In Review" phase. To do this, simply advance the phase, as shown in the image below:
To complete it, just advance the flow.
- With the exception of the "End" field, the rest of the Cycle information can only be changed in the "In Preparation" phase;
- An evaluation is only possible if the current date is within the validity period of the Cycle;
- If there are Evaluations that already have responses applied, it is not possible to return the Cycle to the "In Preparation" phase;