- Module of this feature
- What is this feature for?
- Profiles that have permission for this functionality
- Creating a cycle without manager's evaluation
- Removing the Manager from an evaluation chain
Module of this feature
What is this feature for?
Currently, the configuration of a Performance Evaluation Cycle is dependent on the Manager's evaluation and this makes it impossible for users who do not have an Immediate Leader (Ex: CEO) to be evaluated in a cycle.
From now on, a Performance Evaluation Cycle no longer has this dependency, because the Manager evaluation is no longer mandatory.
Profiles that have permission for this functionality
To register or edit an Performance Review Cycle, it is necessary to have an Administrator or Super-user profile (to learn more about registering a cycle, click here).
Creating a cycle without manager's evaluation
Access the Settings > Management Plans screen. Locate the desired Management Plan, click on it to display the details and click on the Performance Evaluation Cycle tab.
Click on the Add link. After filling in the cycle details data, proceed to the Define Relations tab.
By default, the Manager relation will be selected, but now it is possible to unselect it, if the cycle should not have evaluation by Manager.
After selecting the relationships that should carry out the evaluations in the cycle, click Save and Advance to configure the forms and users eligible for the cycle. To learn more about the other cycle settings, click here.
Removing the manager from an evaluation chain
Now it is possible to remove the Manager from an evaluation chain, if the cycle has the Manager relation configured.
To do this, access the Manage Evaluations screen and locate the evaluation chain for the desired evaluatee. Then just delete the Manager through the icon . Thus, this evaluatee will no longer be evaluated by a Manager, leaving only the other evaluators from other relationships (to learn more about evaluations chains, click here).
- The users that will be displayed in the screen filter Select Evaluatees and Forms for selection depend on the relationships defined in the cycle, as follows:
- if evaluation by Manager is enabled, then users who have Immediate Leader will be listed in the filter;
- if Self assessment is enabled, then all active users will be listed in the filter;
- if evaluation by Peer is enabled, then users who have peers will be listed in the filter;
- if evaluation by Subordinate is enabled, then users who have subordinates will be listed in the filter.